As a blogger, I’m constantly reading articles on how to improve my blog. I recently changed my blog layout and removed content that I wasn’t 100% happy with. I’m currently thinking of ways to produce fresh content and while steering clear from cliche topics. Today I’m going to share 7 useful websites that not only helped me to improve my blog but has given me the movitation to carry on.
1. Copyblogger: This website needs no introduction and has been around for ages. For those of you that don’t know it, Copyblogger offers copywriting advice for bloggers and online marketers. There are a range of topics to read from SEO copywriting, keyword search and email marketing. It’s a great source for those who want to polish their content.
- How to Turn Bland Text into Sparkling Online Content
- How to Write Damn Good Sentences
- 11 Blogging Mistakes to Avoid
2. Daily Blog Tips: The title does exactly what it says. I’ve known this website for a while and it’s extremely useful. I couldn’t recommend it enough and it’s perfect for those who are new to blogging and don’t know where to start. It’s not the best looking website in terms of design but the content makes up for it.
- What is a Bounce Rate?
- 43 Web Design Mistakes to Avoid
- 4 Steps to Increase Blog Traffic
- 9 Blog Hacks to Help Show Your Best Content
3. I Can Build a Blog: I came across this website while looking up information on SEO. There’s lots to read and covers both WordPress and Blogger platforms. It’s a great place to start if you’re thinking of setting up blog and cuts down the hours on Google!
- Blogger vs WordPress
- Questions to Ask before Starting a Blog
- Coming up with the Perfect Blog Name
- Google Analytics for Beginners
- SEO Basics for Beginners
4. Pinterest: Apart from creating boards filled with delicious treats and inspiring quotes, I recently stared using Pinterest to find articles on blogging and created a board called The Blogging Life. Simply go to the search bar and type terms like “blogging”, “blogger”, “blog tips” and “blog designs” and a whole list of pins will come up.
5. The Blog Maven: I’ve only just discovered this blog on the corner of the internet and it’s beautifully designed with lots of purple useful information. There’s excellent content to read including things like media kits which rarely gets dicussed and key ingredients of a blog including traffic and finding your voice.
- Finding your blogger voice
- How to Make a Media Kit
- Encouraging Comments on your Blog
- Blog Sponsorship
6. Xomisse: This is a lovely blog run by Ellie who is a designer, developer and blogger. If you’re looking for a new blog template for your Blogger or WordPress blog you can check out her store. The majority of her content is design related for both Wordpres and Blogger and perfect for design novices. I wish I had discovered her blog sooner!
- How to Add Custom Font to a Blogger or WordPress Blog
- Backing up your WordPress or Blogger Blog
- How to Set up Twitter Cards
7. How to Start a Blog – The Beginners Guide to Sucessful Blogging : This special guide is an introduction to master the art of blogging and to help grow your blog. It’s packed with useful links and recommended bloggers to follow.
I hope you enjoyed this post and let me know if it’s been useful!